Why Daily Prayer is important!
The Importance of Daily Prayer
What Jesus did and taught:
Jesus taught us the importance of daily prayer. He said, “Always pray, never lose heart” (Luke 18:1). He also said to converse with God day and night (Luke 18:7). When He taught His disciples to pray, He told them to ask The Father for their daily needs (Luke 11:3).
Jesus set an example of daily prayer by praying during all kinds of circumstances:
- Jesus prayed at His baptism (John 3:21)
- Jesus prayed as He was facing the cross (Matthew 26:39)
- Jesus Prayed when He was on the cross (Matthew 27:46; Luke 23:34, 46)
- Jesus prayed while in agony, He prayed all the more earnestly (Luke 22:24)
- He prayed during sad times, like at the tomb of His friend Lazarus
- He prayed all night before He chose His disciples (Luke 6:12).
- He prayed when He broke bread and gave it to others to eat (John 6:11).
Jesus made it a priority to pray. “Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed” (Luke 5:16), or He sent the crowds away and “went up on a mountainside by Himself to pray” (Matthew 14:23). We also read that Jesus rose “very early in the morning” and “went off to a solitary place where He prayed” (Mark 1:35).
God’s Word Encourages Us to Pray as we face life
we face all different experences in life. some are happy, some sad, some are troubling. In all these, God encourages to pray, even pray for our enemies.
- “Pray for those who persecute you” (Matthew 5:44)
- “And when you pray …” (Matthew 6:5)
- “This, then, is how you should pray …” (Matthew 6:9)
- “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12)
- “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.” (Ephesians 6:18)
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” (Philippians 4:6)
- “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” (Colossians 4:2)
- “Pray continually” (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- “I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone …” (1 Timothy 2:1)
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra. Quisque a vehicula magna.
Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per 1230.
(+880) 123 456 7898
(+880) 123 456 7898